Forms & Documents

The HSU Financial Aid Office has several forms available for both students and parents based on a variety of circumstances such as verification, reporting enrollment changes or outside resources, including requesting loans to submitting an appeal. Regardless of the reason, here are a few tips to help you along the way!

As of NOVEMBER 30, 2018, the Loan Request Form will no longer be available to submit online. Current students who would like to request a loan for 18-19 must speak with a Financial Aid Counselor before any funds can be awarded. Please Note: Requests proccessed on or after November 30 may not disburse before the end of the semester (especially if the student is a firt-time borrower). Funds will be held until the first disbursementment of the spring term. 


Federal regulations require some students/parents/spouses to submit proof that they either filed taxes or did not file taxes f tax year. This is a required document for verification; only request and submit if being requested.

For TAX FILERS: Visit the IRS Get Transcript and request a Tax Return Transcript online or by mail. 

For NON TAX FILERS: Visit the IRS Get Transcript and request a Verification of Non-filing Letter online or by mail.  

If the IRS system will not allow you to request the letter through any of their request methods (including the 800 number), you must use the following paper request form IRS FORM 4506-T , submit it to the IRS.

Once you receive the IRS document/s we are requesting, please make sure to write the student name & HSU ID# on the document/s, keep a copy for your records, and submit the document/s directly to our office.

If you are still having difficulty requesting IRS documents, please call us at 707.826.4321 so that we may assist you. You can also visit our Verification page for answers to your questions regarding this process. 

  • Stop by our office and submit forms/documents in person, by fax, or by mail.  We are open Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm and located on the 2nd floor, Student Business Services (SBS) building.  Phone:707.826.4321.  Fax:707.826.5360.  Mail: HSU Financial Aid Office, 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521
  • Check for critical requested Financial Aid items! Log into myHumboldt and review My Checklists or your Student Center's To-Do-List. Make sure that you are submitting the correct form/document.
  • Only submit requested forms! Submitting unrequested forms creates a delay in service to your file.
  • Refrain from submitting forms multiple times! Submitting duplicate forms creates a delay in service.
  • Student Center To-Do-List will be updated within 3-5 business days to indicate the form or document has been received. However, your file will only be reviewed when all documents requested have been received. Counselors review files in the order they were completed and the review process may take 3-5 weeks.
  • Use the UPLOAD A DOCUMENT feature in HSU Web Forms! If you need to submit other documents such as W-2, Tax Return Transcript, supporting documentation, or parent forms, please use the Upload a Document feature. Make sure to always include the HSU ID# on all submitted forms and documents.