Just for Credential Students

The first step to receiving financial aid from Cal Poly Humboldt is filling out a Financial Aid Application, beginning October 1 through March 2 every year you are interested in receiving financial assistance. Credential students are not considered graduates for Financial Aid purposes and may be required to provide parental information if you are under the age of twenty-four.

Funding: Aid is limited for those already holding a bachelor’s degree. In addition to Federal Direct Loans, credential students may be eligible for a State University Grant, a Pell Grant, and Humboldt Scholarships.

 Pell Grant: You must be pursuing your initial teaching credential in order to be eligible to receive a Pell Grant. Eligibility for the Pell Grant is limited to one year in the credential program, and is not added to a student’s award package until credential coursework is confirmed in early fall. Note: Students have a lifetime Pell Grant limitation of 6 years, or 12 full-time equivalent terms. Students who have already received their lifetime maximum as an undergraduate, will not be eligible for the Pell Grant while in the credential program.

TEACH Grant: The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families. Currently, the TEACH Grant is only available to credential students. For more information, visit our page about the TEACH Grant. If, after reading all of the information provided, you are interested in receiving the TEACH Grant Program, please contact the Financial Aid Office to schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor.

Cal Grant A and B recipients: Students who plan to enroll in a Teaching Credential Program (TCP) may be eligible to renew their Cal Grant award for an additional year. The additional year of payment is provided to students who are seeking an initial teaching credential and cannot be used for other graduate level courses of study. To review your Cal Grant information, go to Web Grants 4 Students. You will be required to complete a Request for Cal Grant Teaching Credential Program Benefits (G44).

More Important Information

Enrollment: Full-time enrollment for a credential student enrolled in a program is twelve (12) units, half-time enrollment is six (6) units.

Unit Cap: When students have attempted 50 or more semester units, they are generally no longer eligible to receive financial aid.

SAP: Satisfactory Academic Progress is applicable to credential students, visit our page for more information on our SAP policy

License Exam Passage RatesHumboldt is proud to provide information regarding the excellent license examination passage rates of credential program completers for the most recent available years of 2013-14, Annual Institutional Report Cards.  This information is provided in compliance with Section 44225.8 of the California Education Code as mandated by AB 2086 and CTC Program Sponsor Alert 11-13.